MPU is dedicated to providing customer-focused utility services. These sources of information can help you learn more about available residential electric programs.
Wisconsin Energy Assistance
Who's Eligible - Eligibility requirements have changed for 2020!
You may qualify for assistance if your gross income for the last month is less than the amount shown below for your family size. See revised table below:
Want more info?
Download the Brochure
The state of Wisconsin has announced changes in income guidelines for the Wisconsin 澳门网上棋牌网址home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP), making it possible for more people to qualify for help paying their energy bills.
For limited-income families in Wisconsin, that means being allowed to claim as much as 35% more income, without jeopardizing the chance to qualify for assistance. If you are having trouble paying your bills, contact Manitowoc Public Utilities at 920-683-4600.
A few notes about WHEAP energy assistance:
- It's a one-time yearly benefit payment
- Benefits are normally available between October 1 and May 15
- You do not have to pay the money back
- It is not intended to cover the entire cost of heating your 澳门网上棋牌网址home
- Your heating assistance benefit may be sent directly to your fuel supplier
Other WHEAP assistance programs:
- Electric Assistance (Non-Heating) helps eligible households pay a portion of non-heating electric energy costs.
- Crisis Assistance provides assistance to households that have no heat, received a disconnect notice from their heating fuel dealer, or are nearly out of heating fuel and do not have any way to pay for their heating needs. Proactive non-emergency assistance is also available through the entire year to avoid future emergencies.